In reply to:

They are bright. There’s really no way around that.

The problem here is that we're talking about audio preferences. It's not what kind of music people listen to that matters in choosing speakers, it's the kind of speakers they're used to listening to. If you've had accurate speakers all your life, then Axioms will fit right into your tastes. If you've had inaccurate speakers, or are moving up from a bookshelf system or even a boom-box, then, yeah, there's no question the Axioms will sound bright to you.

How you react to that perception of brightness is personal. If you're willing to entertain the notion that the extra brightness is due to the Axioms giving you a truer representation of the signal than your previous speakers -- this is how I see it -- then you might quickly acclimate to the new sound. If you cannot get beyond the change in sound and want to hear things as you're used to hearing them, then no manner of explanation will soothe you. I will add that there is nothing wrong/worse/better about wanting to hear your music a certain way. Again, we're talking about personal preferences here.

I think we've all seen/heard plenty of evidence in support of the fact that M60s are very accurate speakers. Let's define the term accurate in terms of audio reproduction:

Accurate = flat frequency response = reproducing the input signal as closely as possible.

More accurate speakers reproduce their input signals with less deviation from the perfectly flat ideal than less accurate speakers. I, for one, value this quality in a speaker. I want my speakers to tell it to me like it is.

So I guess what I'm saying is I would be more quick to blame the source than the messenger where sibilance is concerned.