I just read the Skiing Ninja's write up on the M80ti's. And I simply must say that I can't fathom where they're coming from when he speaks of the M80's poor 'off-axis' response? Mind you he is talking about the ti's, and not the v2's I have. However these two speakers share the exact same cabinet design (minus the crossover), so I would think the problems he found with the multiple tweeters would also hold true with my M80v2's... wouldn't they?

Well, I must admit, I have done about 98% of my listening from my 'captian's seat' right in the middle of the room. So I decided it was high time I got up off of my duff and walk around the room to see if I could hear what he was discribing. So over the course of 3 difference songs I constantly walked around the room, changing which direction I was facing, distances to either speaker, distances from walls. I went into each corner and even stood behind the speakers themselves... I was astonished!!!

Ok now keep in mind that I am listening to my stereo in 5/7.1 mode. So sure there are 6 speakers filling the 1200 square feet with music... but even so, while walking around my very poor listening room (dimension and treatment wise) I could barely tell a difference in the sound quality NO MATTER WHERE I STOOD!!! I started laughing hysterically I was so surprised! Seriously the imaging and sound staging was excellent from every position I could walk to in my living room, I never would have thought it possible to disperse the sound so evenly had I not just done the experiment myself 5 minutes ago.

Cancelling out high frequency response at 10 degree's??? I don't know what the scientific graphs show, but my ears can barely hear any difference at all in the sound coming out of these incredible speakers from ANY angle!!! Seriously, are these things for real? I don't think I could love a speaker any more than I love these 'highly critisized by many', but 'unbelievably accurate, clean, and detailed to my ear' Axiom's!!! What a steal at the price I paid!

Still I do have to say I'm intrigued by their findings that the M80's dip down to 2.5 ohms at times. I'm intrigued because it's essentially the same claim Emotiva made about the M80's when defending their amps that went into protection while trying to drive them. Some on here have made their cases as to why there's no way the M80's dip below 4 ohms no matter what. But two separate companies very publicly have shown otherwise. Like I said, intriguing!

Last edited by Micah; 08/09/09 08:30 AM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD