Confirmed!

I just sent a PM to Amie confirming my attendance. My plan is to fly into Ottawa on Friday, rent a car and drive to Dwight. I'll return the car when I go back to Ottawa at the end of the week for the Board meetings. Works out nicely and I'll be able to charge the middle days to my Company while I'm at the conference in Deerhurst.

I can't believe it. I went from choosing not to go because we were allocating more mad money to our (wife and I) first year of shared vacation time in ages.... to going plus having my flights payed for! What are the odds I'd get booked for a conference in a spot, well, oddly far from the usuall big cities AND that just happens to be under a half an hour from where I really wanted to be, that very same week???

Lodging looks like it was becoming an issue. I've asked Amie to send me some options that might still be free. The Deerhurst Lodge where the CSE conference takes place seems to be less than a half hour away but at with rooms starting at $250 a night, I'm hoping for something a bit less expensive.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.