The Main Event

Saturday was a LOT of fun. The three round tables were excellent. I was fascinated by the discussion on the design of the VP 180. Long story short, measurements (a whole family of them) are important, but in the end, the ears have it. Axiom does blind listening tests on everything they develop and for the VP 180 it was a non-traditional design that ended up sounding the best.

The other interesting thing that came out is that Ian still feels there is a lot to learn in the audio field. There is lots out there that we don't know and that seems to excite the folks at Axiom.

The plant tour was cool. I've been through once before and I'm still impressed by those big CNC machines they use to cut all the cabinets. I'm surprised nobody else posted about the creepy anechoic chamber because being inside one of those is, well, just creepy.

One thing I noticed this time around is that everyone at Axiom has a very well developed sense of humor. I asked Alan if they had a 'sense of humor' section in their interview process.

The REAL Main Event

The dock party was amazingly awesomely good: great food, great people, live band, lots of excellent beverages. I hear the moonshine Murph brought was pretty good. I write 'heard', because apparently you needed to get to it before Chess did.

The band was really, really good. They played a range of covers and a bunch of their own stuff. Best song of the night: I Hate Winnipeg.

The pictures cover the event pretty well.

After the Party.

Being so close I stuck around Sunday for some more R&R. Murph was there for a seminar on Tuesday so we played a round of golf at North Granite Ridge, another very nice course. The weather was dicey in the morning with lots of cloud and some showers, but it cleared up nicely and we had sunshine for the back nine.

We grabbed a very late lunch at the docks before I headed back home.

You would think that 3 days would be plenty of time to spend time with everyone, but I feel like it would have taken another three days to do that.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!