So here's my rundown of the weekend.

I arrived Thursday afternoon figuring I would have a few hours to myself before meeting up with Mark, Adrian and Bobk only to find that Bob had already arrived (something about a tail wind) and Alan was also staying at Spring lake. We decided to sit down for coffee and much conversation about art, theater, music, and speaker designers ensued. Ended up being a little late meeting up with Mark Adrian and his brother.

As Ray3 wrote, its amazing how comfortable we were as a group within minutes of meeting face to face for the first time. Nobody looked anything like I expected, but everybody's personality really comes through in their posting here. We had a lot of laughs.

Friday I arrived at the factory a little early for the meet up for golf. I met some of the folks at the factory and Ian came in to introduce himself. He looks at his watch, notes I'm early for golf and asks me if I'm ready to do the blind listening session: bang, right to the brass tacks.

Let me tell you, for such a simple process, it sure is hard the first time. I was given a sheet with some rating categories, shown the ab selector, volume knob, told there is no right and wrong and off I went. I'll go into the listening session in another thread.

John (jakeman) was kind enough to arrange for a round of golf at one of Ontario's finest golf courses: Bigwin Island. Many thanks John! The course is a scratch golfers wet dream. Needless to say, the course ate me up and spit me out. John convinced me (didn't take much) to walk the course after pointing out there was quite a bit of elevation change. THAT was an understatement. I was really huffing after some of the uphill climbs.

The course is absolutely beautiful the way it is carved into the island. The view down from the 18th tee over the last hole, the clubhouse and the lake is stunning.

John, it was great to talk to one of the guys involved in the Craigsub sub-woofer shootouts to hear first hand how they went down.

After golf I met up with everyone at the steakhouse. When I left Thursday afternoon there were 20 people on the list. When I showed up, there were over 30 there. What a crowd! Only one waitress!! She did an amazing job.

More to come...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!