I also agree: there is no reasoning with al Qaeda. You must defeat them with whatever means necessary: military, intelligence, financial, etc. In this sense, Ukiah, the death of Osama bin Laden is a good thing. He can no longer lot and plan the deaths of innocent Americans and other citizens of the world.

Now, I'm not saying I'm going to jump around, do a happy dance, and chant "U-S-A" in the streets. That's not my style. But I understand why others are doing that, and it doesn't bother me.

It is worth noting that the majority of Muslims do not share the views of al Qaeda. They view what al Qaeda does in the name of their religion as a horrible hijacking and twisting of it. I just wish they were more vocal and able/willing to prevent so many of their young people from picking up arms against non-Muslims.

Anticipating the response that the Koran has verses in which Muhammed says to go forth and murder non-Muslims: while this is true, one can look at the Bible and find plenty of similarly objectionable ideas (sacrificing children, punishment by death for all sorts of crazy things, slavery, etc, etc) that are likewise dismissed by modern Christians and Jews.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.