Originally Posted By: DEVIL
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1
Originally Posted By: Rock_Head
Following this rather interesting thread with tongue firmly planted in cheek smile
Can we assume that if religion was removed from this mess that everything would be right in the world or would these nut jobs find something else to argue about?
Just my 0.02
Peace

Adolf Hitler

It's my understanding that Hitler referred to a higher power of varying titles in Mein Kampf and many speeches. I think the only one that truly knows that whack jobs religious views is Hitter himself.

I think Hitler's spirituality was the will to power in the struggle for supremacy among racial groups. His prophets were Darwin and Herbert Spencer, Heidegger, Baeumier. After all, as Hitler remarked, Alles Leben ist Kampf.

Western civilization's spiritual - religious framework is Judeo-Christian ethical monotheism. Hitler's 'spirituality' is not congruent with that higher theme. In fact, Hitler was the antithesis of ethical monotheism, complaining that Judaism and Christianity and their ethical schema weakened the Superior Aryan Geist.

It would be very unfair to hold Hitler up as an example of religion gone mad. On the other hand, even a cursory review of Mohammad's life and conduct and the values which are normative in Islamic cultures might lead to different conclusion.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.