No one is saying that enhanced interrogation or torture is morally correct. If you a priori assume that neither enhanced interrogation nor torture can obtain reliable information, then there is no need to reach the moral issue. Instead, you can dispose of the issue on purely utilitarian grounds, as you Craig and Stupidity is Not a Handicap have done.

I acknowledge the US military training manuals' statements regarding torture and enhanced interrogation. The manual pertains to military prisoners. Here we are talking about terrorists, or non nation state players such as soldiers in the army of Allah.

As to soldier prisoners, you can't even play loud music or interfere with a prisoner's sleep. I agree with this whole heartedly.

I submit however, that the case is different for terrorists, especially terrorists who hope to use weapons of mass destruction to annihilate the population of an American city or render it uninhabitable. Do you urge the restraints set out in the US military manual against discomforting a prisoner who has such information?

Not to put too fine a point on it, Craig and Stupidity is Not a Handicap, but your arguments lack even the courage to engage the moral issues presented.

I also find your reliance on a US military manual potentially ironic as I suspect you both regard the US military as at least an unsavory if not a criminal organization.

By the way, you don't really think either of you could resist even 60 seconds of torture before giving up your families, do you? So much for torture is ineffective.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.