Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Everybody has a right to their opinion. I, for one, am glad people like Ukiah exist. If there is no part of you, however small, that can see where he's coming from, then there's something missing in your head. You don't have to agree with his opinion, but to be unable to see his opinion as valid? It just strengthens his argument that Americans are a bunch of gun-toting, unthinking, reactionary macho-men.
Yes, though I do not complete agree with Ukiah's opinions, I respect them along with his right to express them. I do wish he, and others, would express them without the heated, personal insults.

As for me, I am relieved and pleased that someone as evil as OBL is no longer among us. I feel his removal was justifiable and necessary. However, on an intellectual level, I am not entirely comfortable with rejoicing over anyone's death, even someone as evil as OBL. I would like to be more civilized than that, more civilized than they are.

So, you would not find me out in the streets celebrating. The celebrations remind me too much of the celebrations in the Middle East just after 9/11. Of course, one might find it mitagating that those in the Middle East were celebrating the deaths of more than 3000 innocent people while those here are celebrating the death of one, truly evil man. So, though I do not sanction the celebrations, I do not condemn them either. But, I am not interested in being a participant.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton