I currently have a middle of the road Samsung plasma in our living room and other than the reflections it has during the daylight hours I've been really happy with it. I'm fairly sure even the 2011 Panny GT30 will be a better set so I'm not too concerned about having the bestest model (VT50) possible.

I'm still a bit bummed that I'm going to have to settle for 65 inches BUT there is no doubt these plasmas have better picture quality than the LCD's and DLP's that are larger. It's my personal opinion that there is not a ton of video content out there worthy of what these high end TVs are capable of displaying. Broadcast HD is usually pretty poor and I'm not talking about the compression cable providers put it thru. I'm talking about production quality. Only a handful of shows seem to look better than average. Sporting events might be above the average but I still see plenty of artifacts in them. Every studio show on ESPN looks gawd awful, I think it's their studio cameras just plain suck. They can go to a remote reporter in a split screen and that remote shot will look 10 times better than the person in the studio. So that leaves blurays. It's true some look fantastic but my experience is half the movies I rent look barely better than DVD quality.