It seems there are some sets more susceptible to burn in than others. I have 3 kids and every game console known to man and they leave the menu's and maps up for extended periods against my instructions LOL and I have no permanent burn in though I was concerned initially. My older sets have blacks that came very close to my newest set , though I read about problems with the TCP 800u Panasonic I have not experienced any that bother me personally. I have learned to just use things as they are designed, no special treatment here. If the cant survive they get the boot, its that simple. I did one repair to my first lg about 8 months ago, one day it went pop and quit. Took it apart found the smelly part, ordered a new one and its back up and running. I added a fan over the offending part to circumvent further trouble since the tv is passively cooled.

I think the only reason plasma will die is that it cant compete price wise with an lcd anymore. Plasma panel once were able to be larger than LCD but that has changed and getting those blacks is expensive ( ask pioneer) the margins are just to small to make plasma viable.

Richard

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry