Originally Posted By: CatBrat
That's odd because I'm always seeing motion blur. Currently have a Panasonic 65 inch VT50 plasma. It's supposed to be one of the best for eliminating motion blur, but I see it all the time. Before that, I had a few LCD's. Didn't notice a lot of blur with them, probably because they were smaller.

And there lies the crux. If the source material that you are watching has motion blur in it, then your TV will display that blur in full vivid colour. (assuming it's not a black and white movie)

It doesn't matter how much over sampling, high refresh rate or up-conversion to 4K video is done.. if the source is blurry, then you will see it. And with the new HiDef 1080p that we have, our eyes can now see that blur clearly, where as before in 480i (240 lines of actual resolution) you were lucky if you could even see any detail from the TV. Think non HD netflix on a dial up modem internet connection. The TV's were small enough that our brains compensated.

The TV's of today are like our beloved Axiom speakers. They show you everything, warts and all. But give them a well recorded source, and you will be swept away to nirvana.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5