So I gather from this thread that Plasma is still likes more than LCD.

What I don't get is the motion blur part. If you do the math, the screen is updated at 60frames/second, so a full screen repaint is 1/60 of a second. The specs on an IPS screen is 5ms grey to grey, and 14mz white to black. where as a TN screen is closer to the 1ms and 7ms.

And 1ms is 1/1000 of a second, so the screen should be able to transition from any one colour to another colour in far less time than the source material is changing on the screen. (14ms < 60ms)

so these 120hz or 240hz does not make any sense if your source material is only 60hz. Either the TV specs they are giving are in no relation to reality, or the blur that everyone is seeing is on the source material.

For the TV to get 120hz or 240hz and for it to make any sort of difference then the TV is itself making up it's own frames between what the source material is giving it.

Think of it like taking a 128kbs MP3 file and re-encoding it to 320kbs MP3 and telling eveyone that it will sound better. It CAN'T because the data just is not there in the first place.

And, Oh yea. I need to buy a new TV for my room downstairs.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5