MIKEY, I apologize if my response seemed offensive to the poster. It wasn't intended as such. The problem isn't him but the silly audiophiles that led him to believe he needed bi-wiring in the first place. hence my comment that he had been conned.

My posting style in general tends to be very dry when discussing technical matters. It's hard for me to convey human compassion over black and white text when staring at a fairly sterile computer.

Saturn,

In reply to:

You can squak as much about your vast knowledge on electrical engineering. There have been numorous tests to disprove copper wire and bi-wiring but equally or more tests that prove otherwise

Prove it.

Provide ONE that utilized a double blind test. I've never seen anyone able to do that.

In reply to:

there was no difference then why is there even close to the market out there providing bi-wiring setups and more expensive copper.

A sucker is born every day? There are plenty of markets that exist for silly products that serve no purpose.

In reply to:

Even I have heard a DIFFERENCE between my old Monster cables vs my new Kimber cables.

But did you use a double blind test to determine which sounded better. I've heard many people claim they can hear a difference. I've seen many totally unable to prove it in a scientific setting. I've heard of a few remarkably well trained individuals that can actually hear a difference. None of them have ever scientifically been able to show even consistent preference for one almost insignificant difference over the next.

In reply to:

If bi-wiring and bi-amping is a silly concept then why are there even remotely as much people enbracing this concept.

Same reason religion is so popular, I suppose. People can convince themselves of anything.

In reply to:

I think you need to check your ears. If you can't even tell a difference between your 16 gauge Radio Shack copper and yes although expensive $2500 USD Cardas Golden Cross (I would never afford such a thing) your batteries from your hearing aid must have expired or you have tinitis.

Prove it. And try to do so in a rational matter that doesn't rely on personal insults. Ad hominem attacks are fairly well disregarded by educated people as an ineffective form of debate. If you have to reduce yourself to making fun of people in order to prove your point, your argument has no merit at all.

Regards,
Semi