In reply to:

Great reply Tony.

Agreed.

In reply to:

The problem we have here is that some "experts" in this forum have a god complex.

Insulting those with whom you disagree does nothing to further your argument and only identifies an inability to construct a rational and intelligent response.

I could just as easily say that those who protest so much do so out of ignorance and an inability to justify their beliefs coupled with a mind numbing desire to pass those same beliefs off as fact despite their total inability to prove them. But I don't because I CAN'T PROVE IT and it doesn't help our discussion at all.

We having an intelligent and worthwhile discussion here. If you can't stand to see ideas challenged I'd suggest you find a place where every agrees with you. That way you'll be nice and safe in total stagnation. Debate is not only a healthy thing in a community discussing ideas but a mandatory thing for any growth to occur.

In reply to:

Unless you don't share the same views as them you will get chastised.

Entirely false. No one has been chastized. I stated my opinion that he didn't understand clock jitter well enough which I then followed up with the pertinent information to help him do so. I think it's very clear now that all involved are well informed of the other person's perspective and the net result is good dialogue and learning on both sides. These are bad things.

In reply to:

You will always have to prove yourself.

Why is that a bad thing? If you make a factual statement you are required to justify it. That's the basic tenent upon which all learning is based. It's not something you should hide from but something to be embraced.

In reply to:

Instead of being enlightened in this forum I leave with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm sorry you feel that way simply from someone challenging you to prove your claims.

I don't mean to tear into you, Saturn. I like you quite a bit and value your input here. However, you bring up these complaints whenever anyone gets into a debate on these fora. Debate is not bad. It's good and should be encouraged.

Regards,
Semi