ok, semi,

1) I understand the 'psychology' effect, I don't have the equipment for double-blind. So I _believe_ to hear a significant difference. Good enough. Funny enough, when
running the CD transport via toslink or 75Ohm (it has both) I don't _believe_ to hear a difference.
2) Trust me, I'm a bit believer in digital, I went from EE 20 years ago to software for that reason, 1 is 1 and 0 is 0. I started to build everything digital, only TacT. I realized that digital amps have their problems though ;-) and no digital speakers are around. And right now, 96kHz analog oversample sounds better ;-)
3) ok, on a technical level I admit I don't understand why jitter should be such a big problem. First, I hope you got my setup. I run digital CD transport feeding a TacT preamp and the preamp ADCs the wave to an analog amp. So, the digital stream with the clock comes from the CD and it should be digitial-wise perfect as you say, even if the clock jitters. Fine. Now, it shows up at the pre-amp digital input. Now, the preamp sucks up the bits (which cannot have bit-skipping like you said) and puts them into its
DSPs and then on the DAC which all run of its internal clock which is very high quality (maybe your companies ;-). Now, if the DAC has jitter, I see clearly how that can screw up the resulting wave. So the whole clock-sync between CD and TacT doesn't seem to affect stuff. But lots
of people with a sound clue say that clock-syncing the TacT
and the CD transport improves the sound significantly (including the guys that developed tact ;-). And funny enough, I _believe_ to hear the effect they describe as digital jitter effect. So why should that be if not digital clock jitter from the CD transport somehow affecting the DAC or DSPs in the preamp ?

And last, in all respect, It would hurt my ears tad less if you didn't try to go into offensive that quickly on your posts.
I'm sure I know much stuff you don't know and vice versa. This forum is to have some fun, learn and discuss, not to prove who's bigger ?