Hmm, sushi, not suggesting anything here. I think it's all personal preferences.

As example, I listen to some pretty old jazz and lots of live recordings and boy, those have sometimes lots of noise at the bottom (over 70dB almost everything recorded before late 80's has a distince noise bottom) but nevertheless I love lots of those dearly compared to many clinically black-canvas engineered HDCD. I can abstract the noise away and the performance carries me but then again, when I try to play it to any non-high-end-audio-tinted friends here, they immediately say 'oh, it's noisy, I don't like that' so my reading is, most people cannot deal with it well.

With classics, I admit personally to prefer not be bothered with people noises. My non-high-end-audio-tinted friends as well often think it's 'intimidating' to hear the performance so clear and so close to you. One guy that is in New York's concert halls a lot let me pick a target curve that rolls of from 4k to 20k over 10dB! when listening to 'rites of spring' he heard recently. and then said "oh yes, it's like the real thing now". He sits always way, way back and that's how he likes it! For me like I said, people noises are something I do not look for, though there is one exception where I want every finger on the fret, every breath and every tap, namely live blues, one of the great recordings is the 'Hard again' by Muddy Waters, there is a whole room of old guys with you there saying 'yeah, man ...', 'that's it ...', 'you go it ...' and slurring their feet when Muddy hits it. Unbelievably engaging ;-)

So, everyone to its liking, I just wanted to emphasize that a odyssey/m80 combination is not a laid-back-polite-english gear like mission, this stuff etches the material on you whether you like it or not.