so, here's first update, dual monoblock is sucking power since about 12 hours and I already turned off the heating in the room ;-)

Yes, amp handles speakers from start great and whatever I say has to be discounted that nothing's broken in yet. I'll post an update in 2-3 months when things settle.

1) Didn't biwire for several reasons (mostly, won't go into 4 amps later, just don't believe I'll get enough for the money involved). Got decent Groenberg cables though from Klaus.
2) Amp is handling the speakers great, vocals are amazing already now! My wife glued to Sade & Diana Krall playing over it and she's hearing that in decent quality every day already ;-)
3) Bass swims a tad and soundstage is rather flat and shifts but again, not broken in yet. Also, complex orchestration soundstage collapses (Dallas Wind, some good blues CDs)
4) Acoustic guitar is lacking on top as compared to some JBLs I heard (but that was with Millenium, an amp 5x price). I'm not sure it's the m80s or the amp. (Ry Coder)
5) I have a TacT 2.0 inbetween and it _significantly_ improves the sound already now. Vocals get very, very good and bass passable. Eva Cassidy is heart-breakingly well rendered.
6) I don't find the m80s bright at all. They seem right now to lack finesse on top a tad though (albeit maybe a matter of breaking in again)
7) Used CARA to position speakers (putting TacT in bypass to understand properties of speaker/amp first) and it made a big difference in terms of one can get out in terms of quality by placement. TacT is just a tad of an expensive solution for many I assume ;-)

more later, overall happy with the m80s, if I get the acoustic guitar sounding to the 'raise-hair-on-back-of-my-arm' level I remember hearing with the Millenium/TacT/JBLs I will be a _really_ happy guy.

--- tony