So, it looks like some of the results of this face-off are coming in. Not surprisingly, considering the format of this face-off, the M22's did not fare that well. As an Axiom owner, I could certainly rebut some of the comments on the AVS board, but I fear a flaming if I did so (and I would leave that to some of the more seasoned Axiom owners anyway). Most of the comments of the M22's focused on words like metallic, tinny, and bright, which as Axiom owners know, is more cliche than reality. And, I certainly wouldn't question the reviewers' opinions, because everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, considering that one of the reviewers is an ardent Rocket speaker owner, and those speakers are often defined as "too laid back", it's no surprise that he found the Axioms too bright and not to his liking. My only fear is that some people may take this stuff as gospel, not just opinions from people who either prefer or have become accustomed to a very different sound, not necessarily better or worse.

Plus, I believe the speakers were tested without a sub. So, on the one hand, they were each tested the same way, fairly. But, it could have been some effect similar to the M3's vs. M22's. I have read that the M3's are tweaked differently than the M22's, so they may sound better without a sub. But, with a sub, the M22's seem to be preffered over the M3's, as the M22's midrange and highs really shine.

These are just my .02 cents. I obviously would have preffered to see the M22's fair a bit better (hey, at least they were preferred over one brand), but these are just opinions, and opinions vary.