Gem,

Thank you.

Respectful disagreement is respectfully accepted.

The "metallic" word may have been a bad choice, but it was merely a description. By the way, I am not a good writer.

I like the Axioms, and agree the midrange is very good. And yes, my Hsu VTF-3 does make a difference....as with the Ascends and Aperions too.

I do have a question on the brightness of the speaker. Do you think I gave them enough playing time before the review? Fifteen or so hours at a higher than usual (for me) listening level. Is break-in critical for the M22?

By the way, I have a friend coming over this evening. Before we head out for dinner/movie, she wants to hear the speakers, Ascends, Aperions, and Axioms. They will all be side by side by side on my shelf. She is not an audiophile, she had a set of Bose Acoustimass a while ago, and currently is using a set of smaller Radio Shack speakers. Would you folks be interested in what she thinks.

Also, a co-worker looking to replace his older Paradigms took the Axioms home with him yesterday. He was very much interested in them after looking at the Axiom website. I will post his thoughts as well if you like.

Last edited by curtis; 05/28/03 03:54 PM.