I'd like to thank Curtis and Mad Dog for sharing their thoughts about all the speakers at the face-off. I've been reading the thread at AVS over the last couple of days and thought I'd offer some thoughts. I could have predicted some of the responses to the conclusions. I think the comment by Curtis questioning whether the response would have been different had they raved over the Axiom speakers was right on. I've owned a set of Axiom speakers (M60/VP150/QS8) for almost a year and was part of a group at HomeTheaterTalk that evaluated the Rockets when they first came out last year. I offered my thoughts on the Rockets here. You can also read my review of my Axioms here. I stated in my review and in my observations on the Rockets that I prefer the Axiom's more detailed presentation. I also stated that I loved the finish on the Rocket's, but they'd clash with the rest of my furniture so the Axiom's black finish works better for me. I had quite a few emails from people questioning my observations and suggesting what might have biased my opinion (maybe it was, as one emailer suggested, my "lack of high-end equipment"), so I can appreciate where Curtis and Mad Dog are coming from. They've offered their opinion based on a short listening period and a preference for a different type of sound. I didn't think that their observations were negative. They just didn't place the Axiom speakers at the top of the budget list, which is what seems to have concerned some people. My only concern is that I've already read comments in other threads at AVS from people that are basing purchase decisions on the outcome of the face-off. I only hope those people won't drop Axiom from consideration without auditioning the speakers in their own home or least trying to find an owner in their area.

David