They certainly did sound like they hated that maple color. I also asked if they listened blind, and they did not. Hmmm...

There may be a round 2 with the Aperions, Ascends and M22. If so, I believe I'll be able to attend. I've suggested that this time a few changes are made.

1) listen blindly

2) listen both sub-free and with a sub. If a sub is added it'll be a Hsu VTF-3, a GREAT sub! I would agree that the M22's are bit bright in the high end. But I believe it is partly due to the fact that their high end and mids are so strong, and they are quite weak in the lower end. When I added my VTF-2 sub to the M22's that brightness seemed much more subdued - because it was now part of a much fuller sound.

3) add another type of music. They only listened to one piece of classical, and Nora Jones. Granted those are nice choices, but something a bit more difficult is in order. I suggested Propellerheads. It's a super clean, tight bit of electronica which encorporates orchestral music as well. It'll really work the speakers over. I use it as a test cd quite often. Speakers tend to start sounding "muddy" when pushed to play it. The M22's handled it with ease. (That's partly why I own them!)

I think these are fair suggestions, and are in now why designed to "help" the M22 in the process. Any comments? If this round two does happen, I want it to be as thorough, and fair as possible.