the "research" hehe READING never ends for me it seems..
First RatPack, that onkyo 703 looks like it would handle the Axioms well(as far as ohm rating anyway). As the m80's are 4ohm and the 150 and qm8's are 6 ohm, I'm interesting about what they call "dynamic power". I assume it has simple setting for different ohm speakers being used, and not have to have ONE ohm setting for ALL speakers?? Do u use a seperate amp in your setup or just drive all speakers with the Onkyo?

now with my rx-v2500, I must admit I am 'torn', its still new in the box and should n't be TOO hard to sell if need be. My question is STILL the same really , can it drive these different ohm Axioms to sound their best? Unlike the Onkyo (which apparently has setting for 8,6,4 ohm speakers) the Yammy says nothing about 4 ohm speakers, it does however mention a switch from 8 to 6 ohm. And through all my 'research' I get info, some that the yammy will drive the different ohm speakers, and some that say it wont ( or will give "not so great" performance with speakers other than 8 ohm'erz) so I'd really like to get this cleared up, as I'm getting WAY ANTZ-E about ordering my Axioms, but want to know that I am matching up components the best I can before i can order.

a refresher : I have
unopened yammy rx-v2500 rec.
jvc HD-56FH96 rptv
OPPO DVD

my Axiom considerations are thus:
Mains: 60 or 80
center: 150
surround: qs8
sub: 500 (or HSU VTF-3 mkII, as I'm still not convinced the 500 is 500$'s better the the HSU)

I appreciate ALL replies