Good Morning Stone:

I do not have any problem driving my M80s, VP-150 and QS8s with my Onkyo 703. That was somewhat of a surprise because I was anticipating problems with the M80s. But, I was planning on buying a seperate amp so it was not going to be an issue anyway. I still am planning on buying the amp, not because I think that I really need it, but because I want one.

I sit about 12-13 feet from the M80s and have measured a sound level of over 95 dB. That was way too loud and I could not stand it very long.

Maybe this answers you on the "dynamic power," maybe not. If it does not, maybe you could ask the question a little different.

I think that most people will tell you not to change the load setting from 8 ohms. I have not changed mine. It is set for 8 ohms for all my speakers. I have seen Alan post several times not to change the speaker load setting. I think that all it does is limit the output current of your receiver.

I did a lot of research on subwoofers before I bought the SVS. SVS seemed like it was the best value, all things considered. The Axiom subs were never in the running, in my mind, even though they have received a lot of excellent press and awards since. I have been very pleased with my SVS. I don't think that you would go wrong with a SVS or an Axiom for that matter.

Hope that this helps!

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV