thanks u guys, I copied the reccomedation from that review

In reply to:

Recommendations

The Yamaha RX-V2500 has respectable amplifier performance for a receiver in its price class and should serve most home theater environments quite well. I advise against using low efficient 4 ohm speakers in environments where you like to play your music loudly and your room dimensions exceed 2000 ft^3. For best results, my advice is to use reasonably efficient (88dB or higher) 6-8 ohm speakers (4 ohm may be used if their efficiency is 90dB or greater and you provide adequate ventilation) and apply bass management to all channels and route the power hungry bass information to a dedicated subwoofer or two. If you find you need more power in the future, simply preamp out to a dedicated amp and you have yourself a great processor with all the latest surround formats on board.

I'm not that techically savvy, but reading through the whole of that page, i gathered he was trying to see just how much abuse it would take at very high SPL levels. I like music and movies loud at times but not ear bleedingly so <--- is that a word lol , back to what was said, I will indeed use a sub, not sure which one yet but a sub none the less. Its mentioned that doing that takes a fair amount of load of the receiver. Also it mentions the if the 4 ohm speaker is "efficient" enough it alright, does the m80 fall at or above this 90db or greater? I see the SPL is above 90 for the m80's but me wee brain is not sure those are the numbers that are meant by "efficient" db rating. Forgive my ignorance in this matter,, and remember I ask these questions to make the most informed expenditure of $$$$ that I can.
Just found the info on the amp they have here at the BX , its a Kenwood KMF-X9000, its a 2 channel amp at 130watts or 145 watts a channel(read conflicting #'s on it OH< and its at SIX 6 ohm), 350$ ... could this be the answer to my worries about the yammy not being able to, hehe as I say, "optimally" drive the m80's . anyone know is this kmf-x9000 any good? its thx cert. for what thats worth. I'm not asking if its the best or on keel with a rotel, but will it do the job I need done. From the little info I see on it I believe its an old model. Again appreciate ALL replies.

I don't preview of spell check so don't complain about "me" poor grahamher.

left me spehln airoors, but forgot to add that its watts per channedl is at 6 ohm. not 8. will this work for the 80's, why can't this sh!t just be easy for me. nooooo ... lol