Stone,

I feel your pain. Lot’s to learn and the more you learn, the more you spend. I think I’m about 15k into audio/video gear now. Plus the other 10k in the theater room I’m building. That money “was” my down payment for a 07 Z06 vette that will have to wait another year.

Don’t know if I replied to this or not. Don’t really feel inclined to read eight pages to refresh my memory either……..

I’ve got a set of M80’s, and a set of M22’s. – and several other pairs of speakers, both Axiom and other.

First off, I would recommend that you buy a tower speaker for mains. I don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone else says, the little bookshelves don’t compare even when they are paired with a sub. That’s hogwash when people say they do and a way to make YOU feel better about saving a few bucks. The towers just flat out have more…..more everything. The size of those towers also makes a difference. I’ve screwed around with all my speakers, back to back testing/listening, comparing sound and spl, and all that crap. All that being said, I do not think you NEED the M80’s. You will NOT EVER pin the volume with them. Just get the 60’s and don’t give it another thought.

I don’t have, nor have I heard any Axiom sub but the two EP’s. Can’t comment on the smaller subs other than what I’ve read here. And from what I’ve read, if you insist on buying an Axiom sub, go for one of the EP’s. If they are too much, look to SVS, HSU or Outaw and you will get a better sub for the money. – that’s not my opinion, but what I’ve read enough times one this board to build a pretty good conclusion. I will say that the two EP’s are amazing subs though. The 600 is so incredible huge in sound, but at the same time smooth and accurate. I love mine. The 500 was great too, but not like the 600.

That 2500 AVR is an excellent AVR. I’d have bought one but Alan (and Axiom tech) has always been very upfront about Yamaha and 4 ohm loads. I have the 80’s, so Yamaha got cut from my list. If I had the M60’s, different story. I’d probably have a Yamaha. They really are a great AVR.