I reread the thread, but I need to start over.

How big is your room again?

For the vast majority of people, M60's and a decent sub (EP350, STF-3, SVS PB-12, etc.) are going to fill a very large room with very nice sounds. If you have a huge room OR you like everything really loud all the time OR you just have a terminal case of upgradeitis, you can start out "bigger" if your budget allows.

My listening suggests that whatever Axiom product you will buy will be very satisfying. Stop worrying about ohms. That measurement is very likely to not matter a whit.

I was in your shoes a couple years ago (except without the Yamaha 2500) and decided to go with M60's, QS8's, a VP100 and a good $700 subwoofer. I am extremely satisfied.

I don't think anybody was trying to get you to buy the 80's except you, and I also think Ken is right. We all "want" the biggest and best one, but you deprive yourself of many moments of joy by not only delaying the purchase but also by agonizing over it in the process.

btw, I've heard some PSB speakers (although not the ones you mention) and my opinion is that they were not as vibrant and detailed as similar Axiom models.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem