I have taken the liberty of copying Wid's points made with regards to hearing problems and his experiences. As I think some others may appreciate it as much as I. I hope you don't mind Wid, if you do mind please tell me and I shall remove it.
In reply to:

I will try to address the hearing (or ear) problems you talk about.

I too have had trouble with my ears for a numbers of years. I have had far to many inner ear infections to even count. At one point haveing to have drain tubes inserted into my ears for right about six months or so.

I also have had some pretty serious bouts with sinus problems affecting my hearing. As of right now I have a ringing in both my ears (tinnitus) I cannot or will not ever get rid of. There is times when this gets to the point that I have pretty sharp pains that shoot through my left ear and causes me a tremendous amount of pain. To rid myself of this I have to go on a series of different medications.

When I went to the ENT for my last hearing test it was noted that I had some hearing loss in the higher frequencies starting at 4 KHz. It was not substantial but it was indeed there.

Now on to the Axioms and their affects on my ear problems. I can with out reservations tell you that my M80s has no ill affects on my ability to enjoy my music. As a matter of fact it is a blessing that I found a speaker that I can clearly hear a cymbal when brushed or hit. Other instruments are (to me) reproduced as if they were right in the room with me. A guitar sounds like what it does in person, same goes for the piano, brass instruments and every other forms of reproduced music I have had the pleasure of hearing.

I hope this gives you some comfort in knowing that even though my hearing is far from perfect I can still sit down with my favorite tunes and the Axiom M80s bring a big sh!t eating grin to my face every time.

BTW is there a speaker, either past or present, that you have listened to that could give us some sort of referance as to what you like?

Rick

Now, thanks all for sharing ear related points, and the others as well.

The M50, seems to be the umm . . . ugly duckling , of sorts as I have seldomly seen talk about it on here. Seems most skip from the M22 right to the M60 in their considerations. thanks for pointing it out to me again. I shall look more closely at it.

If any that own/owned the M50 would like to share their thoughts that would be way cool. and if any can touch on their take, of the differences in the sound sig's of the M50 v the M60-80.

I know diddly about understanding 'graphs' but I hope to learn more. As I think it may be lead to a technical understanding as to what speakers may or may not be for me. where the bumps and dips occur across the spectrum, in relation to what makes my ear vibrate.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
For those that do not know. a few points.

I'm military and overseas.

auditioning and mailing back could be quite expensive.

local auditioning , I'd have to drive 8 1/2 to 10 1/2 hours ONE way to a city that would have hifi shops, paying tolls one way approx. 300 USD. that coupled with the language barrier its just not gonna happen.

I had a firecracker mishap , and lost some hearing in higher freq's in my left ear, coupled with a very annoying .... (can't nail the right discriptor) distortion, in what I here at higher volumes and when speakers are . . . lets say 'distinct' and maybe 'metallic' in the tweet's ( again struggle for safe wording) .

Actually, the best that I can offer for understanding is:

Imagine your ears are speakers and your left tweeter if blown/hosed/shot/cracked. follow? cool now what is going to affect your blown tweeter the most and make it audibly TELL you that it is blown?

I hope that paints a clear enough picture for others to understand , as that is the best I can come up with.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

oz350z, VERY MUCH appreciate your sharing, as I say there is a comfort when others have a commonality with you, we all seek it, we are human. I'm no doctor but I think I have tinnitus as well. and YES , MUCH caffine. have to see what they tell me after testing. thanks again.

I guess my experience is so limited with HOME hifi cause most of my frineds were single and car audio was what was "cool" . ( mind you this was BEFORE hiphop) lol . I did like the cerwin vega's very much, it was several years ago so I can hardly say its what I like now but it and the bose I used and the yammy now is all i really have to go by for home hifi, and what I THINK I like.

I KNOW I can be long winded, sorry ,
Stone__Man