Well tonight did a little troubleshooting. The cheater plug did nothing, still static in the tweeters when the closet light switch was off. When the light is on I can still hear a hint of what I'm describing as pink noise in the tweeters and hum in the woofers. But you have to get your ear very very close to hear it. I still hear a very low hummmmm in my amp, which appears to get a little louder when I turn the Denon on or have it in standby mode, weird.

The next thing I tried was taking a long contractor grade extension cord 150ft, and ran it across the basement, upstairs, to the other end of the house, and plugged it into an outlet in the bedroom. Then I ran back downstairs, turned on the amp, still hear the slight humming/buzzing in the amp, and believe it or not, STILL hear static in the tweeters when the AV closet light is OFF.

I also unplugged the amp, and rehooked the left/right speaker wires to my Denon, turned on the Denon and also hear a little pink noise from the speakers, but don't hear the static with the closet light off. I also noticed the Denon gives off a slight hum sound if you get close enough to listen.

I still think when the light is ON for whatever reason, wherever the static is coming from, it is getting absorbed (if that is the word) by the light circuit and not reaching the amp, but when off, the amp is amplifying the static.

I also heard a buzzing in one of my breakers (whirlpool tub/heater) and first thought I was going to have to call the electric company to tighten down the main inlet leads again as your not supposed to hear any buzzing or humming (from arcing). But I think it is just a breaker buzzing.

This sucks.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85