Thanks John, I feel better knowing the low electrical hum from the woofers and hiss from the tweeters (faint with ears very close) may be normal. I also hear it with the Denon, so it must not be the amp.

The static issue is really getting stranger, the more troubleshooting I do. Today I turned every breaker off, one by one in the entire house. When I was done, the only breaker on was the 20amp feeding my HT area. There was still static in the tweeters, just like when I have the other 15amp light circuit on with the closet light on.

I thought I was onto something, but soon got more confused. I checked the lights on the ceiling of the closet which are connected to the closet switch. The lights are just the cheap ceramic kind you get at most improvement stores for closets.

Anyway, I turned the power off to the 15amp circuit so I could look at the wiring. For light so I could see what I was doing, I used my halogen work light and ran a long extension cord to another part of the basement for power. The first light checked out ok, so I proceeded to look at the second light at the end of this switch circuit. I noticed I only had the black and white wires hooked up. These ceramic lights have two gold screws for power, and two silver screws for neutral, but really don't have a green screw for the ground, like switches and outlets.

So I thought since the neutral and grounds come togethor back at the circuit box, I would try hooking the ground to the other silver screw. Once done, I jumped down and ran over to the speaker. YESSSSS the static was gone.

But, my excitement quickly ended when I turned off the halogen light, the static came back. WHAT, how can this be, it doesn't make sense.

What is really funny is, I can set the halogen light just inside the door turned on, and the static goes away. If I move it outside the closet door a few feet the static comes back.

It is almost like there is some darn force field at my doorway to the closet. If there is a light source, closet or other source, the static goes away when the light is powered. I'm going nuts.

The closet dimensions are probably 4ft x 12ft, very long and narrow. When you first walk in the door there is a switch which powers two 60watt bulbs, one at each end of the closet. The AV stuff is at the other end.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85