I will find out again on Monday when Emotiva is back in the office. The engineer I talked to, explained it to me the other day before sending me the amps, but much of his information was over my head. I compared the circuit boards side by side and I noticed on the new ones, one of the components had some type of little rectangular cap over the top of the piece soldered to the board.

He said at one time they had some amps coming from their factory and one of the screws on the board(ground) was over torqued, which caused two of the items on the board to make contact, which in turn created almost like a "antenna" or "receptive" type scenario. He thought it was possible I received some that they missed checking inventory.

Anyway, I will find out and let you all know.

One thing he mentioned, and had to be real careful as their company "Jade Designs" is under confidential agreements with all the manufacturers they design for, is they actual are the Research, Design, and Engineers for many of the BIG players in China and other locations who make receivers and amps.

He mentioned in reality, there is really only like 7 or less BIG Players out there that make the electronics which go into todays amps/avr's. They are actualy a Engineering and Design company which have worked with many of the high-end ($$$$$) companies out there.

They decided to start their own product line using many of the same components, since they designed them, which are used in many NAME brand companies out there. They wanted a direct channel to the customer (like Axiom) to save costs versus going through dealers. However, they are required to not disclose the names of those companies per their relationship.

For the past 3-4 years they used AV123 as a distribution channel and had a great relationship with Mark, the owner of AV123's products. They have now decided to sell their own products directly on http://www.emotiva.com .

In addition, their prices have dropped about 30% since their introduction 4 years ago on AV123, but their quality has not.

ps: Someone on AV123 had told me once they design products for Krell and Sunfire Carver, just to name a few. He did not confirm this or deny this to me, but hinted of the truth to this statement, but could not go into the details per legal reasons.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85