Man that duck / bean recipe had me laughing my but off. If I wasn’t so impatient, I’d try that one.

Being in the Halibut capitol of the world (or thereabouts), I’m always trying to come up something different that doesn’t include mayonnaise or some other artery clogging recipe for this white fish. (we usually have a couple hundred pound of a year).

So I think I might have stumbled onto a weird, but pretty darn good sauce the other day. It will go with any sort of firm white fish; cod, ling cod, red fish, snapper, grouper….whatever.

I like to bake my fish first. Nothing fancy, just a little olive oil, salt and pepper and throw it in the oven at 350 for about 7 minutes per side. The trick with white fish is to not overcook it. When you can flake it with a fork, it’s done. If the fillets are pretty thick, cut them down to one inch and let them soak in skim milk for a few hours. The milk gets rid of that ‘fishy’ taste. [skinned fillets, with all the darker areas trimmed off]

For the sauce, I started out with three medium shallots, minced pretty fine. Sautee them in butter (one tablespoon) for about ten minutes until they get soft. Add 8 ounces of clam juice and cook that down for about twenty minutes. Then add a can of light coconut milk and about a half a tablespoon of green curry paste. Then add a couple shoots of fresh thyme and about three ounces of Sambuca. For those non-alcoholic types, you can substitute the sambuca with fennel and sugar.

I just cooked that for about ten minutes or so on low heat and poured a tablespoon or so on the baked fillets over a bed of couscous.

I know, curry and fish sounds weird and the Sambuca probably put you over the top….but I thought it was good and I wasn't even drinking.