Quote:

So basically using Direct or Pure Direct is like having my mains set to "large" even though I have them on "small".

Yes, and not just the mains, ALL channels. Direct mode is bypassing the DAC doing the analog to digital conversion thus making it impossible to apply the bass management settings. And in Randy's case of using the S/PDIF connector the signal is already in a digital form, but the Direct mode setting must still bypass all processor related changes. That's the whole point of direct (or pure) mode really.

As for the M80s driver movement at 10Hz... does it make an audible sound? I guess you may have to turn off the sub to tell. Maybe harmonics, or maybe it's possible there is some woofer output down low but I wouldn't think you'd hear it. The M80 graph cuts off at 20, but there could be some output at 10 Hz but it would be much much lower than the rest. If the mids are moving I would guess it must be a harmonic as the M80s internal x-over would not allow a 10 Hz tone to touch the midrange drivers.

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/