Quote:

So what do the rest of you do when listening to music? Which mode do you use and which bass mgmt settings are you using?

For movies it's always small and 80 Hz. Music is another ballgame. It seems to vary by individual track, but setting the mains to large seems to be the most pleasing overall, though much more full with the sub. When set to small, and particularly with classical music, I get a near constant low Hz bump, thump, what ever. Something akin to tapping a mic. Drives me nuts. Not sure if its in the recording and the sub is doing what it's told to do, or the pre-pro is "adding" something to the signal, or the fact that I've got alot of hard flat wall space. Setting the sub to -10 seems to take the punch out of it and leave most of the fullness. Every once in a while I get a boom that is out of tempo and several dB louder than all the other bass notes- could I have two bass hits meeting each other? My sub is facing directly toward the back wall with nothing but air between the two. Should I angle the sub?
I just burned the test CD, but something tells me exercising my speakers at 3:30AM isn't going to go over well... Can't wait to see how wacked out my graph will look.

Scott

Scott

My HT