Hi Randy;

When I have time to fiddle with receiver settings (my receiver's front panel display went out and I haven't gotten around to having it fixed) I listen to music with M60s in Large and sub disabled. Still like that best. When feeling lazy I listen with M60s in Small and sub enabled, ie same settings as DVD.

A few random thoughts :

When you made the graphs using the test CD, were you running in a different mode than when you do most of your listening esp. DVD ? I think the answer is "yes", which maybe means we need to revisit your experiences re: frequency response vs. enjoyment of the sound. Or did most of your comments re: sound quality relate to music played in the same receiver/speaker/BM mode as used for making graphs ?

I find my ears get used to a particular sound and any deviation from that sound seems "bad" at first. When doing your music listening previously, what is your understanding re: which speakers were active ? Did you have bass management at all, ie was the sub running ?

I remember being baffled a few months ago because moving your speakers around did not result in the response changes we expected -- maybe this is part of the reason ?

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8