I will say with my limited music listening at this point (been focusing on Audyssey \:\) ) that I do think there is something different (in a positive way) on how the 3808ci alone sounds compared to my 2805.. I don't know if it is the DACS, the beefier amp section with 7 isolated channels, or what...

The first CD I played was Rush Moving Pictures. This was after I calibrated everything to 75dB's, like my 2805. In addition I was using Stereo mode with all speakers to small and 80hz crossover at the time. At this point I had not enabled Audyssey yet (that is a different positive story). \:\)

With the 2805 and the old Sony CD player, I always thought some of my CD's sounded a little thin, without much bass bunch, and to much in the high frequencies. With the 3808ci I immediately noticed some differences. Explaining them is difficult. I don't think it was my brain, as it had not broken in yet. ;\) The bass seemed tighter with more impact, and the higher frequencies seemed more crisp.

I don't know, maybe it was just wishful thinking, or my brain playing tricks on me. I don't really have a way to do a true AB blind test, and not sure I'm going to worry about it...

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85