Just saying hello to all the other axiom owners out there. I have been lurking on this forum now for quite some time; it and a years worth of internet research and demoing speakers has prompted me to buy an axiom system.

I went with the epic80-500 system in 7.1 powered by my Denon 3808which will be used for 95% movies/video games and some casual music listening. I finished up the install last night with ceiling mounting the QS8’s. Running the wires in my 4 foot peak height attic was a pain to say the least. I was crawling around up there for over 3 hours!! I certainly think it was worth it for my situation where the couch is ¾ into the room and running stands and wires would result in accidents!

My first impressions of the system are very positive but I will leave any real review until I have had time to properly break in the speakers and run audessy. The short story is I watched some Band of Brothers in 5.1 DTS and the system was great if levelling and synchronization problems are ignored. I couldn’t watch a blue ray as my PS3 died last week I haven’t got my replacement yet.

My only complaint is lack of base. This may disappear with proper setup. As for the base sound it was super clean with no booming or muddiness, probably the best I have personally heard. I was wondering if the 500 would be enough sub for my room when I ordered the system so only time will tell. The listening area is 28 X 22 X 8.5 or just over 5000 ft^3. The thing is my home is open concept so there is only a ¼ length wall separating it from the kitchen/dinning room which is 26 X 28 X 8.5 or over 6000 ft^3. 12000 ft^3 of open air might be a little much for the 500. The rooms are all laminate with many windows i.e not ideal. My only downfall is I snuck the sub in under the wife’s nose, she thought that I was only getting towers and a few small surrounds like the HTIB’s she has seen and we have previously owned. She was not pleased when the huge boxes showed up! She likes the towers but detests the sub so a second 500 or even a single 800 is not in the cards.

I’ll post some pics in the gallery soon.

I can’t wait to crank this system up!!!!!

Osborne