Thanks for all the compliments and support guys.

I spent the morning trying to equalize my system. I am afraid that my initial thought might be correct.

After running audessy a number of times it always came back with the same result for the sub. it kept saying plus 12 through 5 db. I started the dial at 9 o'clock and went through multiple tries and sub locations. I have it now turned all the way up with the trim setting at 0 db. When running audessy at this setting it still shows plus 5 db as the trim setting I should use.

I did craw around the room listening for a good spot for the sub with the sub in place of the couch, the corner where it is now is a decent spot.

So anyone have any options for maybe picking the performance up a bit? Room treatments are out by the way, W.A.F. comes into effect.

As for performance of the sub in every other respect I am more than pleased. I have heard louder subs and even a number of 300-500 dollar subs which have more output. But as was said earlier the quality of sound was not there. They rattled and vibrated, really colouring the sound. There was high output but no detail. After watching 3 movies today in DTS and listening to a number of C.D.'s the 500 is very good. While i do want slam and presence I do not want muddy crappy sound that vibrates the floor for the sake of rattling dishes. I do feel I could use more output. As some of you here are afflicted with the same addiction to base as I am you can never have to much. Ideally I would like to balance the system and then bring the volume up a bit more on the sub to bring the bass up a little more.

Osborne

Epic 80 - 500 system in 7.1
Denon 3808CI