I do have some updates but first..

Jollo

That is where my cable is placed for the sub. Honestly I don't think anything is wrong with the sub or my setup. There certainly a fair amount of output. More you can feel the pressure in you ears during movie scenes rather than the floor is shaking! I am very please with the sound I just would like a little more of it, and it is a huge space to fill.

So I guess kinda what I was after was after was a little more pressure and presence rather than rattle.

First update

After really pulling out all the stops and sucking up like you would not believe I got to move some furniture and place the sub in the corner with the 1\4 wall. After recalibrating late into last night I gained 3 db with this location compared to the back corner which was open to the rest of the room. The sub is still set at absolutely full volume and audessy wants to add 1.5 db to balance the system.

An even better update!!!!

Ohhhh I'm in deep now. Since she was P.O.'d with the sub anyway I told the wife of my initial problem with the sub. I mentioned that there were other subs but they were "bigger", or more or less taller..... Since I told here she can't put anything on top of the sub, OMG she wanted to hide it by putting plants on top, she said taller makes no difference now!!!!

Maybe an 800 is in the cards.......

I will keep listening for the next week or so and see what my ears tell me to do.

Epic 80 - 500 system in 7.1
Denon 3808CI