Congrats on the instal brother, sounds like you really spent a lot of time getting it done. I wish you would have started talking to us earlier, maybe we could have been of some help while you were picking out your speakers? For that size room (with the kitchen included) it might be hard to fill it with bass if you are REALLY into bass, ya know? Axiom doesn't make 'IN YOUR FACE' subwoofers so much as they make accurate and refined subwoofers. So if you were wanting A LOT of thunder, then you might have been better served with another company for your subwoofer needs.

However, take your time, set everything up right, and give the EP500 a chance to grow on you. In the end you just might decide you like the bass it puts out after all. But by all means, if after 30 days you aren't happy with it, then send it back and get yourself something that does satisfy your bass desires. You might try SVS or someone else that stuffs a lot of 'BOOM' into a fairly small footprint that your wife might like better? Funny thing about women and audio, they always seem more concerned with the asthetics then the sound. Can't have a 'big, ugly box' sitting around in their livingroom, no matter how great it may sound, right? Ha ha...

Keep us posted friend, welcome to the site. You will find many a helpful suggestion around here if you give us a chance. Don't be shy, we LOVE newcomers. And we truely want to help you get the most out of your system, even if that means suggesting something other than Axiom. Even though the regulars here do enjoy Axiom products, we try to be as unbias as possible. For instance, my beliefs go like this...

Axiom floor, center, and surround speakers offer A LOT of bang for your buck.

Axiom subwoofers offer bang for a lot of buck.

Axiom amps offer A LOT of buck for your bang.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited by Micah; 08/22/09 02:02 AM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD