Ditto. But guys I'm sorry, there is simply no reason the EP 800 should not bruise your kidney when playing, if that is what you like:
 Quote:
The EP800 plays louder than a live performance at Carnegie Hall or at a rock concert-- an amazing 125 dB Sound Pressure Level! Don't worry about distortion - the Intelligent DSP won't allow it. Instead, it tightly controls the signals to the 800-watt power amplifier and two massive 12-inch aluminum drivers with dual 3-inch voice coils to provide you with peak performance, never going over the edge into distortion. Crank it up - XLF makes the EP800 unbreakable!

Now I still don't understand why they need an 800 watt amp, but if you can't feel 125db at the claimed 13hz, there are only two options: (1) you got some serious health problems, or (2) the sub is not outputting as advertised. Based on John's explanation of the gain issue, I would not worry about the clock setting, but you should be able to rattle your liver with this sub. I fully get your quality bass v. sheer spl analysis, but I think you should have both on tap with the EP 800 or 500.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire