Volvos are good for taking out foxes. My wife hit one in her S40 doing 60+ mph a couple of years ago. Nearly vaporized the fox. Didn't do anything to the car.

As wid says, we have a *lot* of coyotes in Illinois. A month or so ago, my wife had to catch a red-eye flight for a business trip. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, we had to leave home around 3am and drive for an hour or so to get her to the airport. We were *amazed* at the number of coyotes we saw on the road. In the 2+ hours of driving, there and back, I saw probably 15-20 coyotes along the road at that time of night. Some were tearing apart a freshly-killed deer carcasses (ones apparently hit by a car - not that the coyotes killed it), while others were just standing at the side of the road. Sometimes alone, sometimes in packs of 3-4. But they were just everywhere. Really bizzare. I've heard tales from folks that live outside of town that raise chickens/horses/cattle of problems with packs of coyotes. They are not considered a harmless nuisance around here.

We are glad that our two cats are strictly indoor pets.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office