Originally Posted By: BigHonu
michael_d,

My friend shoots a 325 WSM, but in a regular A-bolt, so the gun is a good 3lbs heavier with bi-pod. Pretty good kick on that one so I'd imagine you would want a decent hold on the 5.5 pounder. Sucker does hold a line good though. I'm a wuss when it comes to recoil, so .270 Win in a 7lb rifle is about all I'm good for. After 20 rounds or so I'm starting to think aobut the recoil a little, so I just pack up at that point.

Thanks. It’s been snowing non stop the past few days (close to 40 inches yesterday), so I’ve been enjoying some time off from work plowing my yard, over and over again. I still haven’t gotten a chance to fire the new rifle. So when you say “pretty good kick”, please prime me and compare it to say an -06.

577 Nitro…… Good grief. Not sure why anyone would want to shoot one. I think I’d be scared for life and flinch shooting a 22 after getting clobbered by that thing.

John – I haven’t paid much attention to the recoil rounds. Do you know if they have the same muzzle velocity as ‘regular’ rounds? How is it they get their claimed recoil reduction? I had just assumed it was through less powder.