From the Wiki.

Two Canadian snipers of the same Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) regiment sniper team made the longest recorded sniper kills in history with this weapon in Afghanistan, during Operation Anaconda, in the Shah-i-Kot Valley. On a March afternoon in 2002, Master Corporal Arron Perry killed an enemy combatant from 2,310 meters (2,526 yd/1.435 miles) and Corporal Rob Furlong killed an enemy combatant from 2,430 meters (2,657 yd/1.509 miles) with 750 grain Hornady A-MAX very-low-drag bullets.[2][3] This is the longest-ever recorded kill by a sniper in combat, surpassing the mark of 2,286 meters (2,500 yd/1.420 miles) set by U.S. Marine Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock during the Vietnam War.

Edit: Oops I see you had a link to this anyways. Oh well, I'll leave it here to save a click. The precise geometry to take an accurate shot at that distance and aim a hand controlled weapon to what must be the tiniest fractions of a millimeter is simply staggering. Add in calculations for wind that will undoubtedly change over the course of 1.5 miles and you have to wonder if there is some luck attached to that unprecedented skill.

Last edited by Murph; 12/15/09 03:22 PM.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.