Don’t tell me you can’t fit one vertically above a DLP. ;\)

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthre...true#Post219121

Based on your placement restrictions I would recommend that you stick with one VP150. After a lot of center channel testing I can give you my take:

A single vertical M22 upside down above the DLP would sound better than a horizontal VP150 for all applications. Unlike the vertical M80 above the screen which pulled the middle of the front soundstage up a little the M22 didn’t do this. Though the effect of pulling the soundstage up gave a wall of sound effect that was not distracting for music. It made the center of the musical stage sound like it was on a dais.

Dual vertical M22s above and below was also better than a single horizontal VP150. I believe Fred is doing this with dual M2s to good effect. I suspect dual VP150s above and below would help give more of a wall of sound effect but you’d loose the advantage having a vertical speakers gives for horizontal dispersion.

Dual M22s on there sides w/tweeters outboard gives a neat wall of sound effect for movies but destroys discrete instrument/vocalist placement for music. Tweeters inboard caused horrible almost nauseating lobing. I suspect dual VP150 side by side would also put two tweeters close together and cause bad lobing.

A single horizontal M80 above the screen sounds like crap for both music and movies.

Yes I had a lot of time on my hands. ;\)
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1