Originally Posted By: Micah
I wonder if they would suggest either of these speakers that Dean and some others have found to be more ideal? In other words, I wonder if Axiom themselves would admit that some of their other speakers do a better job at center channel workhorse than their own purpose built center channel speaker?

That is an interesting question. When I was at the Axiom plant to purchase my speakers about 4 years ago, I asked that very question; should I get a VP150 or 2 M2's. The answer I got was I should get 2 VP150's. I told them that I hadn't bugeted for that. They said the VP150 was the way to go. It was designed for that purpose.

I do like my VP150 but will agree that it is the weakest speaker in my HT room for the it's purpose. Again, I am not saying it is week. But I think Dean is right, it's the male voice that sometimes sounds odd, never the female. I used to think had more to do with the actual recording than the speaker, now I am not so sure.

It is interesting, that you can buy an M60 for almost the same price as a VP150. Even thought the VP150 has one more driver, it isn't an M60. For those of us that have projectors and screens or that can accomodate an M60 / 80 center, it might be a good alternative.

paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990