I would imagine M22's would sound very similar to M80's at center since center channels don't usually carry much bass. All this talk about how placing speakers above the screen screws up the sound stage really has me wondering how mine sounds so good? I wonder if it's because most people who have theirs above the screen have them right above the screen and not close enough to the ceiling to use it's reflections to their advantage? Mine is bolted right to the ceiling and pointed at my head, and honestly with both music and movies I can't tell that the sounds are coming from up there, they seem to come directLy out of the mouths of who ever is onscreen!

And I have tried exhaustively to close my eyes and hear that its coming from my ceiling ever since reading about the problems having your center channel speaker above your screen, and I just can't hear it coming from up there. My only explanation is that where its positioned is reflecting perfectly off of my ceiling to hide its location sonically.

But then again maybe I just don't know what to listen for? I wish I lived closer to some of you fanatics so that I could come listen to your set-ups (expecially when you're doing your A/B experiments!) And you could come listen to mine & pick apart my placement. Although it may be painfull to hear critisism of my system, if it ultimately led to a better sounding set-up (which is hard to imagine åt this point), then it'd be well worth it!

Oh, count me in for geek day at Axiom!!! \:\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD