Nice report. Thanks again for your time and efforts Dean. I suppose I'll just have to be satisfied (which I am) with my VP150 until such a day comes along that I decide to buy an M3, M22 or M80 (not very likely unless I purchase a new home and do some rearranging of the equipment) and do some of my own A/B tests.

Those of you who have found faults with the VP150 make me wonder, why is it that Axiom put so much time and effort into developing the VP150 if an M3 or M22 does such a better job at handling center channel duties? My only conclusion would be that the masses have developed the mentality that a horizontal center channel configuration is the 'correct' way to do it. So even though that set-up has it's draw backs, Axiom did their best to put out a product that the consumers demanded (the customer is always right after all. Even if countless hours in the listening rooms down at Axiom and other speaker manufacturers have proven other wise!).

So now I'm curious, if I called the sound experts at Axiom and told them I was putting together a HT and wanted the best possible performance no matter which speakers that meant going with, I wonder if they would suggest either of these speakers that Dean and some others have found to be more ideal? In other words, I wonder if Axiom themselves would admit that some of their other speakers do a better job at center channel workhorse than their own purpose built center channel speaker?

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD