Originally Posted By: cb919

I just reread this thread and noted that Dean finds the M22 and M80 almost identical as center channels. Interesting. It could be a good way to save a few dollars instead of all M60's or 80's across the front. Of course if we go this way my next step will be asking for acoustically transparent screen recommendations! Not there yet

IMO unless you have a very large room, listen to lots of 2ch stereo or just won’t buy a subwoofer then bookshelves and subwoofer(s) is the way to go. If you haven’t read the first article I posted above for a better overall explanation than I can give.

As for an AT screen I started out thinking that way but reading posts here steered me away from one. An AT screen will to some degree (maybe not significant for most) limit picture quality and sound quality because of the physical nature of the screen itself. Additionally using an AT screen usually necessitates placing the front speakers in or close to the wall which will also effect their performance. OTOH the nice clean look of an AT screen with the speakers behind it has a quality of it’s own. And I imagine it doesn’t suck to have the sound actually coming right out of the screen like a movie theater.

Originally Posted By: cb919

Just to play devil's advocate, is there any reason why a horizontal center could be considered better than 3 identical vertical LCR's?

Except for placement restrictions I cant think of one, but I try to stay open minded.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1