Over the years, I have been one who has almost continually experimented with center channel speakers and what, to me anyway, provides the most realistic presentation for either movies or music. It should be noted for my trouble I now have FOUR center channels sitting in boxes in my basement INCLUDING a VP150. What I have found is that despite their dispersion capabilities and unless they are quite large, horizontal center speakers all have the tendency to emphasize that lower midrange(300-500hz levels) and lack of upper bass, giving voices a somewhat unnatural "boxy" effect. I think we all know how positioning can change the tone considerably and Alan Lofft has written an interesting article about this very phenomenon AND also commented that M2's were a very good match with M60s or 80s.

After what seems like "decades" of experimentation, my best solution, which I just settled on recently, was one M3 on top of my monitor tilted towards my listening position. It has basically eliminated that 300-500hz emphasis and gives me somewhat more in the low end making voices sound more natural. Believe it or not and in my circumstance anyway, I found the horizontal dispersion of the M3 was more linear than the VP150!

After considerable experimentation AND expense, I believe I have finally found center channel nirvana.